Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Bit of a Haze

David and I had a discussion recently that made me want to look for outside opinion... on the subject of housework. Yeah, I know.

We were trying to work out a better plan for even distribution of the housework and David tells me "I just don't notice that things need to be done" and then pulls the "I'm a man" stuff. Of course, I immediately roll my eyes and dismiss this excuse as crap.

But later I start to wonder: Is there a genetic flaw that prohibits men from seeing the grime that builds up in the shower? Have they been taken care of their whole lives by loving mothers, girlfriends and wives that they have honestly come to look past a teeming trash can? Much like 'beer goggles', is there such a thing as 'man goggles'?

Do women have any 'goggles'? Where can I buy a pair?!



No new pics of E so how about

Miss Dellaina, saying "Even I can see all that dust!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is definately an man thing with dirt....just like not being able to find things........they do have to be trained.......one neighbor said she would never remarry as it took to long to train a man.....I dust and he cleans the floor.....offers to help at any time..........(half the battle) then you say, "oh, that's ok. I'll do it".

Anonymous said...

Another thought....I want to read my job description before signing another marriage contract.........!!!

Ruby said...

Or maybe, all these boys should be reading theirs! I'm sure I put a cleaning clause in David's!

Anonymous said...

Even if they did clean, it wouldn't be up to snuff! They do that on purp so you'll do it to the way it should be done! Megs, you're the "Carrie Bradshaw" of House Cleaning in the City! ha ha

Laura said...

Definitely!!!! They just don't see it. After 10 years of marriage and 3 years in this house, you'd think he'd have figured some things out about me. Nooooooo!!!!!! He did load the dishes the other night. Of course I had to rearrange them because he spaces them out to much. Oh well at least he did try.