As I am apt to do, I offered to make Angie a cake for her birthday. Sure! she says. Also as I am apt to do, I waited until the last minute (last night) to do the ingredient shopping and preparation of her super duper strawberry cake with strawberry cream cheese icing. Yum!
I found it necessary to buy frozen pizza for supper instead of taking the time to cook a whole meal and then being up until midnight making AJ's cake. Did I complain that I was jilted from a nutritious, balanced meal? Noooo. I didn't complain when I went to take the pizza out of the oven and burned my wrist on the 425 degree door. Burned it so well that I had to cut off a piece of my aloe plant and slather it over the burn. But not a peep out of me, noooo.
I didn't even complain when, after getting some of the tasty icing on my wrist, I licked it (because I'm like that) and inadvertantly licked the aforementioned aloe and it tasted awful. I almost puked, awful. But I soldiered through without an ugly word. Cool the cake, ice it, go to bed. Done! Nothing but sweet wishes for Angie's birthday danced through my head. Until 4 am when I wake up thinking 'damn it's cold!' and then at 5 am when I get up to feed Ashley and am hit with some serious cold air.
David agrees that, in fact, it is very cold in our house.
Oh. Shit.
I seem to remember talking to David about how we needed to order more propane because we were getting very very low and so was the temperature outside so let's get that done ok? Yeah. Never did. And now, now, we are out. We weren't out before I used to oven for the frozen pizza and AJ's cake were we? Nooo. But did I complain that it's all Angie's fault for making me bake her a cake and cook frozen pizza and use up the last little bit of propane we had that could have been heating our bodies through the night? Nooo.
When I went to the bathroom and sat down on a frigid toilet seat, that's when I might have complained. Just a little, teeny bit. :)
So Happy Birthday to Angie! I am giving her one hell of a costly cake!
(Actually, it's best that we went out last night instead of during the day today. We wouldn't have known it until tonight and by then it would be too late to get a delivery and we would have been out until Monday. And sleeping at Angie's house.)

2 comments:
wow. quite the adventure. I'm sure you and David were snuggled close for V-day to keep each other warm anyway, right?
We need a picture of this cake. I love cake. Stay warm!
Post a Comment