Friday, December 05, 2008

I'm sorry, you're doing what? NOW?

Making this move seems to have gotten a few of people spinning in a tizzy. Undoubtedly it's based out of concern for us.

We are very comfortable with the decision that we have made: To embrace the opportunity that presented itself and turn our comfortable, just plugging along life on its ear.

We are fine with that. Because we know that what we're working toward will be worth it.

Maybe times will be tight for a year and a half while I'm in school, but we are looking well beyond that. Beyond all those things that seem to cloud the vision of some when they cast their eyes upon our brazen move. Beyond the 'But you both have good jobs!' and the 'Don't you know what's happening with the economy?'. Even beyond the 'Think of what you're giving up!'.

More than anyone, we know what we have here. Likewise, more than anyone, we know what we want to strive toward. Our path to get there may not be the exact path that some would have chosen for themselves but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't embark upon this for ourselves!

The reasons for going are many. Some that we have shared with you personally, some that we have only discussed between ourselves. I know that all of you can respect those reasons, whether you know them or not, because you know US. And I know that you will encourage us. And offer any help that you can. Maybe even admire the spirit that it takes to grab control of your future. And maybe, just maybe, you will offer us a hot meal and a warm bed when we are destitute.... I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

It's going to be great. I just know it.

1 comment:

penelope said...

Plus, um, ultimately you're going for a government job as an extension agent, no? Except it will be something you enjoy more? How is this a bad thing.