
After living out of the south for quite some time now, I am a little more in tune to things when we go home. Little things that I wouldn't have given a second thought when I lived there. Wonderful things that I miss sorely and took slight pleasure in seeing and hearing (or even eating!) again.
I tried to keep a list in my head, but that seems to have gotten lost among other things... Here's what I can retrieve from the murky depths:
Curvy roads- Kansas isn't all flat and straight, but it's damn sure close when you compare it to Hwy 53 running through north Georgia. How out of practice I am!
Sweet tea- Flows like water. Especially at Costa's BBQ in Trussville, AL. After two refills and a to-go cup, I was in sugar induced euphoria. The chopped pork wasn't too shabby either!
"Hey, how'r y'all?"- Juust fiiiiiiiine!
Chick-Fil-A- Mmmmmmm..... Eat more chicken. With sweet tea.
UGA stickers, license plates, shirts and hats- I'm so used to looking twice when I see one in Kansas that I was looking twice all over the place in Georgia! I took the opportunity to secure my very own G sticker for my car. Don't wanna be left out!
Bologna biscuits- I kid you not. I had never seen such but at certain Alabama establishments, they seem to be popular. Only down south.
Piggly Wiggly- Grocery store of the gods. I hadn't seen a Pig in years until the drive through NE Alabama. Good stuff.
And one last thing, seen on I-65N just over the Tennessee line:
Boobie Bungalow- I think this needs no explaination.

1 comment:
Megan - didn't you used to work at boobie bungalow?
Post a Comment