What are you giving/getting for Valentine's Day? "Ugh", you say, "I don't even want to think about it". Yes, I know. Women really only want a heart felt "I love you" and to be relieved of supper duty (assuming that there is no hope for jewelry - we always want jewelry!). Men really only want one thing and it doesn't cost anything... ahem. Don't let the traditional Valentine's Day fare trap you. Flowers, while beautiful, have a definite, very brief life span. Chocolate, yum... chocolate, only adds minutes to your workout. You might be best to give/get an aloe plant and a box of oatmeal. Handy, yes. Romantic, no.
That's why four of the most intelligent, good looking bloggers I know and I have partnered to promote a super duper special Valentine's Day project. Instead of buying gifts that are a mere motion, how about involving some emotion?
We (Niki, Andria, Ashley, Jeff and I) have chosen four proposals from DonorsChoose.org and we are asking you to help fund them. DonorsChoose is a website specifically set up for teachers across the country to request help for classroom projects, books, supplies, etc. What a wonderful way to put your money to good use!
We have a blogger challenge set up to see if we can get these proposals funded before Valentine's Day. Take a look.
Writing with 'Bare' Books
Capture Learning with a Digital Camera
TIME Magazine for Kids
Dramatic Reading Needs Props
Capture Learning with a Digital Camera
TIME Magazine for Kids
Dramatic Reading Needs Props
If you are interested in contributing to one of these (and I hope that you are!) please do so via the challege website. That way we will know what funding we are bringing in rather than someone else.
As a little incentive: If you decide to contribute to these very worthy causes, let me know. There just might be a construction paper Valentine's Day card colored by a 3 year old in it for you! And maybe even a homemade delish cookie!
If you are a fab blogger and are not included in the challege but want to be, feel free to link to me or post your own plea!
Surely you can't deny this plea?!

1 comment:
I really didn't understand how to sign up with you.......I went to the TIME mag for kids but didn't see how it linked to you....help!
Post a Comment