The past few mornings Ella has been hard to rouse from bed. She is a huge pill if I go in and wake her up but she's generally OK if she wakes up on her own. This causes me to resort to sly tactics to get her to come around.
The past two mornings I have turned on the hall light to cast some light in her room (without being so mean as turning on the light in her room!). She has proven to be not so much a fan of the whole light trick.
Which brings me to this morning.
When I went into the living room this morning I turned on the living room light and then the TV. Shortly after I hear footsteps in her room and see her march out into the hall. Her hair is a mess and her expression is worse. She shoots me daggers and goes over to the light switch in the hall (which is off, mind you). Ella flips in on, recoils in the light, flips it off and marches back to bed.
I'm thinking 'Whoa! What an attitude!' and then 'Ha ha, smarty pants! That light wasn't on!'. Then I say 'I know you're awake, Ella Grace. Get up.'
I'm such a loving mother. And where in the hell did she get that 'tude? I didn't expect that crap until she was a teenager!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Jason and I laughed and laughed at this story. Gosh, I hope WE'RE not next... but I guess we've got a couple of years to go with Faith. I wonder if Ella got her 'tude from her Momma? We'll have to see what your mom says, Megan! ;)
I think it runs in the family (on Megan' side, that is)! Ella's Aunt Sissy was the cham-peen of them all! Ill tempered is what I call it. The " 'tude " will hit when puberty comes callin!
I love this story and told it to lots of folks this weekend. Just too funny. I know I'm headed for 'Tude town myself oneday, but I can laugh at you now! :)
Post a Comment