Friday evening we went down to the horse unit to finish up some chores and let Ella ride Scooter (for the 3rd time that week!).
Ella's earning her keep, scooping poop.
Ready for action.
Ella has moved up to using the reins now.
Scooter gets a scoop of grain for his work.
Getting officially checked out by mom.
Cute little filly whose ears must have been squished while inside!
Then it was over to the pen with the mares who are close to foaling. All of these girls look rather large being in the family way... but check out Bert and her girth! That foal must have room for all kinds of aquatics in there!
I have been so kind as to outline Bert's body line and bump.
Off for chores and Maggie is King of the Hill.
Keeping her eye on all of the mares.
We added to the fun by going to the St. Patrick's Day parade Saturday with Angie and Miss Mallory.
We also joined the Wallace's Sunday at one of the rec centers in town so the boys could practice at the driving range and batting cages. I had the camera ready but David put the kabosh on that. Turns out I should have had it so David could take a picture of me in the batting cage swinging like a girl, I'm told, because I won't believe it without evidence!


4 comments:
Sounds like a great Americana week-end!
what great pictures! what a life! thanks for sharing. :)
Can you teach Emily how to scoop the poop? Somehow that concept hasn't quite sunk in.
are you saying you are in the family way bert.
Post a Comment