Ella was pretty excited about the whole deal since she really likes to help us do anything, but especially Lilly related activities. So off we go to the car/dog wash having absolutely no idea how this show is going to run.
It's a pretty nice looking place, all set up like a groomer's with the sink, spray hose and blower. But the shampoo, conditioner and whatever all else function is set up like a car wash, which I found pretty damn funny. Also just like a car wash is the fact that you have a time limit, in this case 8 minutes.
I immediately feel the pressure of an 8 minute wash and blow.
After Ella got her stool set up so that she could reach and I clicked the little thingy over to rinse, away we go on our 8 minute march. Lilly's not too keen on getting sprayed but I'm after speed here so we might have skipped some of the niceties. Perhaps.
Sufficiently wet dog; click the thing for shampoo! Shampoo! Shampoo? No shampoo, no lather, no nothing from three different shampoo options. Damnit! Time check? Double damnit! Umm... The only options left were conditioner and blow dry with a clock that seemed to be operating at warp speed. Blow dry a rinsed off dog it is. Flip the thing to blow out!
Who knew the air coming out of that hose was going to be so cold? Certainly not one wet little dog I might know. Poor Lilly. Ella, however, thought it was great!
Ella! Man the blower hose, I've got to go put more money in because we are running out of time. Are you kidding me with this? I don't even get my dog washed in the allotted time but I've got to pay more so she's not soaking wet?
I refuse to pay the machine any more money even though Lilly's still damp and decide we'll just put the windows down on the ride home. She'll get a 50 mph blow dry with much warmer air.
Six bucks, fed to the machine, so that I could wet my dog and then blow her with cold air. No thanks, I'll pass. Next time, we'll just head down the way and let Lil ride on the roof as we go through the automatic car wash.
Car and dog cleaned for the bargain basement price of... six bucks.

6 comments:
did E have fun? Just wait til she says lets go to the dog wash again!!! Pleeezzzzze.
glad to see the shirt we got her is coming in handy. I was concered when I got it but it looks like its good now.
At least Ella looks like she is having a BLAST! That's worth six bucks, plus the pleasant smell of wet (still dirty) dog, right?
Yup, Ella does look like she's having a good time! A Dog Wash, that is hi-larious. Who mans that thing? I'd be printing out a copy of this blog and mailing it in to get my money back, or at the very least a coupon for a free wash, this time with actual shampoo!
Great concept though it needs some kinks worked out. Maybe next time take your own doggie shampoo...you could do two for the price of one...bring E's shampoo too!
that's hilarious! I love this post. It is a fascinating concept! I'd totally be intrigued as well. sorry it didn't work out so great, though. And you totally know Ella will be begging to do it again!
Post a Comment