Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Official Fete

Ashley wasn't officially One until we had the requisite cake and presents on Saturday. It was a low key affair that got started with me trying my best to write with icing. Damn you, Betty Crocker with your 'It's easy!' decorator icing tips!


Using the wrong tip meant that just eeking this out took FOREVER. (Yes, the AK was an afterthought. She didn't care! And no, you don't ever want to do lowercase letters. Trust me.)



Ashley's birthday was important enough for some royalty to stop by.



AK with the AK afterthought corner. Perfect!



I think you've got a little something on your face...



Mother Nature does not take appointments, so when she calls, Ashley Kate answers.



After a little diaper refreshing, on to the gifts!



Later that night with a clean face and a clean shirt. (And a not so clean seat!)



Pretending to use a spoon is The. Best.

4 comments:

penelope said...

An event attended by royalty! Sounds like it was a lovely affair.

I do love the cake. K.Lo's 2nd b-day cake had a similar charm. Why IS writing with icing so darn difficult?

Karen said...

You're such a good mom, Megs! I love all the pictures. Wish kids didn't grow up so quickly, though...

Niki said...

I LOVE Ella's face - it's like she's a celeb who stopped by for the photo op and is ready to get it on with it already.

Ashley Kate, clearly, was thrilled to pieces with your decorating skillz!

Niki said...

I LOVE Ella's face - it's like she's a celeb who stopped by for the photo op and is ready to get it on with it already.

Ashley Kate, clearly, was thrilled to pieces with your decorating skillz!