Yesterday I officially reached 20 weeks along. Yippee! In trying to keep up with the Joneses (Andria, ha!) I will do a Half Way Through My Pregnancy Post. Andria and Pen both did them and in that spirit, here I go!
At 20 weeks, the State of the Blessed Union:
Belly pooch: Yes ma'am. Last week was the first time a stranger asked me if I was 'with child'
Hormonal rollercoaster: The wildest ride in town
Effort to stay off the rollercoaster: large. huge. enormous. massive.
Cravings: None really. The closest thing to one would be bacon. Yum! With Ella it was sausage. (Which somebody so politely pointed out was how I got into the situation to begin with!)
Pounds gained: -1. Seriously. Don't worry, the baby is large for her age so she's not suffering any by my lack of poundage. Also, as soon as I publicly announce no weight gain I will pack it on quickly.
Movement: Lots, and they are getting stronger by the day!
Gender: Sweet little baby girl
Stretch marks: None, thank goodness. I didn't have any with E so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping hoping that I won't get any now. I have put aside my usual cheapness and went for Curel lotion (the best! as introduced to me by Nikkers) to combat the immense amount of stretching that my skin is about to undertake.
Ability to bend over without groaning: fading quickly
Depth of belly button cave: shortening at an alarming rate
Shooting sciatic pain: I have adopted a new hobble/walk/limp
Pro to having a C-section: baby girl's head measured at the 97th percentile for her age
Name: Currently in negotiations
Daddy David's take on my pregnancy: He now has 10 different wives who all share one short fuse. (Is that supposed to be funny? I DO NOT have split personalities. Jerk. But maybe he's right, I mean I am a little weepy at times...*sob*. Poor guy! But it's OK because I have a wonderful little baby kicking around and making my belly grow and showcasing that I am a woman, doing what comes most natural :). Making me FAT, that's what this pregnancy is doing. I saw the cutest pants the other day that I won't be able to fit into for how long?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Megan! You are so funny. I'm glad that the pregnancy is going so well. Just tell Dave to check his balls in at the door, and he will get along with you much better, ha ha. And I loved "Tummy Honey" for that tight belly. "Hey Baby" has it...
Great post, Megan! I snarfed my water I was drinking when I read about the sausage comment!
Keep us updated!
Great post! Thanks for keeping us updated. You're right, it is interesting to get the hubby's take on the situation!
Post a Comment