Friday, June 27, 2008

I Want My Library Card To MELT

I am looking for help, kids.

I went to get Ella some books from the library and I couldn't think of any good classics that she might like. (The standard ones that we normally get were all checked out.) I asked for help from the librarians, and they had some good suggestions, but overall I was disappointed. Maybe you have some ideas for me?

I would prefer something in a series, perhaps, but at this point anything will do. They still need to be in the picture book type category, but can certainly be more complex stories. You know, the kind that are forever long and you have to really prep yourself before reading it out loud? Yeah, those kind.

I know y'all won't disappoint, and I'm looking forward to a trip to library this weekend! There's a glass of water with my name on it for when my throat gets all dried out from reading aloud for 30 minutes straight. I'm READY.

Much obliged.

7 comments:

penelope said...

Hmmm, I have to think about it. Curious George, for sure. Is it too early for Berenstain Bears?

Ruby said...

We do have some Berenstain Bears that she likes, for sure, but I was thinking a bit more advanced than those. Or, I should say, a more complex story.

I basically want something just like the Bill Peet books. That's not asking too much, is it? ;)

Anonymous said...

My niece used to like Junie B. Jones by Barbara Park. Good luck with the reading!

Tempe said...

Mouse Soup and Frog & Toad are Friends - both by Arnold Lobel.

Actually - all of the Arnold Lobel books are great. They're still picture books but they're a little tougher, vocab-wise.

They were my favorite when I was Miss E's age!

Anonymous said...

I used to love the "Amelia Bedilia" series when I was a kid... don't know if they are still around or not!

Laura said...

Michael really likes the Hank the Cowdog series.
Emily says she really liked Junie B Jones and Flat Stanley. Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

When she gets older, don't forget Mary Poppins.
She's nearly perfect in everyway!
When she's OLDER! or rent the video!