Tuesday, August 19, 2008

There is a Reason We Call Her the Fly Catcher

I swear that Ashley spends half of her day with her mouth wide open. It always makes us laugh and sometimes gives us a little peek into those barren gums, just to make sure that no teeth have sprung up that we don't know about (and no, none as of this moment).

Ashley has finally, finally decided that crawling might be alright, and she has begun to scoot around a bit. She has also picked up on the idea of pulling up, and can do it herself for the most part. Critically related to that, she has learned that she must HOLD ON once she thrills herself by standing up. I suppose she learns the hard way since there were a few incidences of blatantly letting go followed by blatantly falling down.

However I feel about her casual, laid back approach to hitting a few milestones (which is very understandable, give her casual, laid back approach to everything else!), it pales to how I would feel if Ashley were like Andria's little boy, Wyatt, who is was walking at 9 1/2 months! I'm really ready for her to crawl and eventually walk, but not yet! Andria is a busy girl!

Lots of mouth openings:

IMG_5827

IMG_5837 IMG_5824

And then one Ok, I'm done with the mobile, GIVE ME THAT CAMERA!

IMG_5825

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! As the original Grandmama use to say, "Sweet as Pie"! amen!

Karen said...

She's sooooo cute! Yes, definitely try to delay the walking part. The madness begins then! Walking babies seem irresitably drawn to all things dangerous- especially electrical outlets!

Andria said...

OMG, she is SOOOOO adorable!! And looks so grown up, with her hair and facial expressions and just so squishable and loveable and I could just eat her up! Don't rush it! I know it's exciting to reach each new milestone, but you can't go back! So, savor it!

Tempe said...

Aw, she's growing and changing so quickly! What a cutie pie!