Monday, January 07, 2008

PBF



If you recall, I was on the search for a good peanut butter fudge recipe. I had given two recipes a shot and wasn't happy with the outcome of either one. Until now!

May I present to you the fudge recipe that wins the award at my house (and keep in mind that David is a fudge connoisseur). I stole it from my favorite show on Food Network, Good Eats, and Alton Brown. You may even have all of the ingredients in your cupboards right now. Go take a peek and then see if you can stop yourself from trying this super easy recipe!

Lick Your Fingers Peanut Butter Fudge

1 cup butter (2 sticks)

1 cup peanut butter

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 lb. powdered sugar

Put peanut butter and butter in a microwaveable bowl and nuke on high for two minutes. Stir and cook for two minutes more. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix with a wooden spoon. Turn out into a 8 x 8 pan lined with wax paper. Press down until even then place a piece of wax paper on the surface of the fudge. Cool in refrigerator. Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container.

I think we will keep ours in the fridge but let it sit out for a few minutes before eating and the licking of fingers. Delish!

2 comments:

Andria said...

looks yummy. . and super easy! Maybe some bday fudge is in order? hmm.

Laura said...

Believe it or not....I've never made fudge. Truthfully I thought it was much more involved then your pb recipe would indicate. Think I'll be trying that out.